Re: Is this too Sci-Fi? (Supersoldiers)

T-RO wrote:

> First off, I play M.E. in todays time. I dont use the one from the book.
>
> With that in mind. Is it too far fetched to have a game with some form
> of "Supersoldier" thing going in it? Some form of Genome soldier mabye?
> No flying, or bulletproofing, but faster smarter, and tougher would be
> the main idea.

You don't really need to look into "super soldiers" per se, we already have
them, take a look at the Special Forces Group (S.O.C.O.M. in the US, I
believe). These troopers have to be on par with Olympic Athletes in their
physical ability and are generally in the top 10% in the Intelligence
department. On average a Special Forces Trooper is stronger, faster
(reaction wise), tougher with much better endurance and (dare I say it?)
smarter than the regular forces troops in their army

While they are generally not used for front-line conflict, (S.F.G. doctrine
is a number of books in itself) in a conflict with non special forces of
equal number (all other things being equal... which they never are!) The
Special Forces Units routinely come out on top. Even your "average" Ranger
or Green Beret has a better grasp of a situation & thusly reaction time than
many regular forces officers. Besides, the training those troopers go
through is incredible.

Having said that, you put a special forces unit up against a regular
infantry unit and you will still end up with a meat grinder (considerable to
excessive casualties for both sides, but the definiton of excessive is
different for each side).

Having gone on like that, it depends... do you feel the necessary
infrastructure is there in your game to allow "Genies"? How long ago were
they made? Do you have forced growing technology available? Are they going
to receive a modified training program because they are so much smarter? How
does the organization control them? What precautions are in place in case
they decide they don't want to be the fodder of this organization? Can they
reproduce? Are there special medical options available to repair these
pricey soldiers rapidly?

In short, a whole can of worms.... but your can, none the less....

I am sure that if you can answer these questions then it is entirely within
the realm of possibility for your campaign.

I hope I have been helpful...
S.