Re: [OT] flash n stuff

> I am having computer problems, and cannot currently download any new
> programs.  If I can get a copy of flash on a disk or CD I can install
> it,
> but if it is only available as a download, I cannot.

tell me about it, all the installs from cover CDs of the flash player
insist on connecting to the Macromedia site to finish the install which
i find a ridiculously BAD piece of programming......

> I do not have the _latest_ version of Flash on my computer.
> Therefore
> sites that demand the latest version are closed to me.  I _hope_ this
> situation will change in the near future - I have a technician
> working on
> it in his spare time (since he's working for free, I can't complain
> about
> the time it's taking!) but I have no certainty that the problem will
> be
> fixed or fixable.

i got round it by just installing flash 5.....

> I use Netscape 4.7 at the moment.  The problem seems to stem from a
> download utility called Go!Zilla that I got from ZDNet.  It never
> worked,

it's a damn annoying bit of software, and i hate it, i wish i'd never
fecking installed it.  it *does* work on my machine, it's just it
decides arbitrarily to come up whenever it likes, and interrupts a
simple operation......

> so I attempted to uninstall or delete it.  The uninstall or delete
> ended
> up corrupting Netscape - all downloads go into a location called
> go.netscape.viewer then vanish completely.  I have uninstalled and
> reinstalled Netscape, but Windows chose to put netscape back where it
> came from, so that didn't do any good.  If you know anything about
> Go!Zilla or have any words of advice for me, please feel free to
> email me
> with them.

alas, apart from "don't install it", i'm stumped.....

AJC