Re: [OT] flash n stuff

> Plug-ins are great if you know how to install them,
> maintain them to the latest versions, and uninstall
> them and detangle them from your browser if/when
> things go wrong.  I'm all for it personally.  Why
> improve a product if no one is using it?  Plug-ins
> seem to be a dynamic way of displaying information and
> jazzing up the site.  I believe as connectivity speed
> and quality improve, the defacto standard would be for
> this dynamic media.

precisely what i feel, there's a great deal of variety in the tactics
employed on this subject, in flash you can have "skip intro" or guff
like that, you can have frames/noframes, and then flash/noflash for
those as well, ending up with 4, get that, 4 different site depending
on whether you want to cater for.  to be honest, for one of the sites
i'm designing (hopefully commercial in the end) i'm writing a flash
site, and a non-flash site, without using tables.  it'll still end up
being a v4 browser or above, but i am taking into account non-fl;ash
users on this one......

some of the larger sites these days say "get flash, or don't bother"
and don't have "lite" sites at all......

AJC