Re : New Life for Millennium's End

> Our goal is to make these fine products available to a wider
> audience and expand the community of ME fans. Our first step is
> to find out what you, the hard-core ME fans, would like to see.

Quoting Roger Stenning
> 2. Make the basic rules a freebie download (as an e-book in PDF?) -
>it could well help hook more new players into the game.
> Look at GURPS for a lead in to the theory; their core rules (character
> generation, taskings, etc) are freebie download, which, I suspect,
> helped make them a major force in the gaming market today.

Talking of new player, something bother me a bit when I firt read ME RULES
BOOK : there were not any "normal" skill modifiers examples - the only
precise chart was the shooting modifiers, and the guideline: "+30% is easy;
-30% is hard"! nort very clear to my opinion. BTW, the scale of competence
wasn't catch at the first glance of my players-and still keep his misteries
by certain aspects:
All of the Packages I've seen  covering the "Climbing" skill set the level
at 25% (maybe the SEAL got 30%), even I didn't made any SpecOps tranning, I
alway though they were supposed overcome easely any obstacle.

SPOILER -GM's ONLY-Players don't read the folowing text !

When I've run  "The wake of the Sagitarian", the cell decided to entering
the Barge, by the water front.
OK, they managed to to send a grapple over the fence.
Then I calculated the situation modifiers for the Climbing Test:
    Poor light conditions -10%
    Starting from a very unstable inflatable boat -5%
    Climbing on a slightly moving slippery/rusted surface -10%
    Aid from a"normal" climbing equipment. +10%

Result: a professional SpecOps with his total Climbing skill of 35% has only
20% chnaces of success.
I think I've mised something ?!  :(

BTW I've made severals situations modifiers (fudged from Marc Chase ATOMIC
WAR Fuzion Plug in and the most exelent BTRC game: TIME LORDS) if you are
interested, feel free to ask me.

Quoting festus
> nice idea: but give a better chance for non-academic
> characters. i´ve got a decent education, so have my
> friends who did their tour of duty in former jugoslawia,
> but we all have met persons that never got a chance for
> much formal education and still would make better player
> characters than uns university wimps.

Yep! that's why I use a "dice modified character points table" based on the
one which can be found at the "Barricade"

Damien

PS: Appologies for my pityful english.