Re: Re : [ME] Re: Crippled US EP-3

--- "ILL.OMEN" <ILL.OMEN@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> Coriuosity again:
> How many of you have "serious" military/police
> training/background ?
>
> Damien -INQUISITOR REX   ;)

My father was AirForce Intelligence but is now
retired.  We got to see the world and I got to hang
out with all my friends on-base.  These friends had
dads that were pilots.  As we got older, we got to be
Boy Scouts, and then Explorers on base sponsored
troops.

This doesn't sound like much, but base sponsored
Explorer troops get trained to do all sorts of things,
almost like a civilian ROTC.  It should also be
considered recruitment into the armed services.

You get to hang out and learn things on "Field Trips."
 MPs taught us the commands for the guard/attack dogs,
and we got to play with the automatic weapons on the
range.  We got to hang out with the chief mechanics
for several squadrons of different types of planes and
helicopters, learning basics.  I got the opportunity
to load 20mm ammo into an F-15 once.  To go on the
cool "field trips," you had to do the crap ones too,
like going over to the motor pool and work on jeeps,
trucks, and the (needless to say) less glamourous
military toys.  Before the Internet was the Internet,
we were playing with electronics and computers.

While I was at Randolph AFB, I learned how to fly twin
engine jets.  T-37 "Tweety Birds" to start, and then
the T-38.

This is also where I was sent on survival training
with training pilots.  The extraction process is ultra
streamlined.

Though I do not still have this wonderful opportunity
to learn all the new things that are going on in the
military, the education was extremely useful, and
retain much of it to this day.  Having this diversity
of experience is extremely useful for GMing.