Re: New Life for Millennium's End

According to Mark Baker, on Wed, 04 Apr 2001 the word on the street was...

> My point exactly. Any decent GM is going to do his own research, though
> some will pick up a copy of the x world sourcebook just to see what good
> ideas it contains. A Lonely Planet does the job better in many cases,
> even without providing the address of CIA safe houses or similar.
> Worldbooks might seem cool, but they wouldn't be good sellers.

That's even the case with games where a book like this is actually useful
(that is, games not based in reality as much as ME is). For Shadowrun, for
example, the world books always sold worst, not to mention got the most
complaints -- mostly from people actually living in the area covered by the
book. With ME, I'd say it would have to be a damn good world book to
actually have it sell when some tourist guides and road maps can give the
GM as good a picture of the place.

--
Gurth@xs4all.nl        -        http://www.xs4all.nl/~gurth/index.html
  If there are vegetarian hamburgers, why isn't there beef lettuce?

GC3.12: GAT/! d-(dpu) s:- !a>? C+@ UL P L++ E W-(++) N o? K w+(--) O V?
PS+ PE(-)(+) Y PGP- t@ 5++ X(+) R+++(-)>$ tv+ b++@ DI- D+ G+ e h! !r y?
Incubated into the First Church of the Sqooshy Ball, 21-05-1998