Re: New Life for Millennium's End

> first the rules for hand grenades are ludicrous.
> even in the movies the damn
> things just aren't that lethal.

Yeah. Definatly needs work

> second the rules on scoped rifles are desperately
> wonky.  Scopes are simply not
> that effective.  Under the current rules they are
> nearly omnipotent.

I hate that too.

My top two priorities would be to simplify the
horribly clunky autofire rules that grind everything
to a halt in the middle of action sequences. Then, I'd
put in a luck-point system. I'd call this essential:
It makes characters less likely to die from one
mistake or unlucky role and adds a little flare to the
system. I know we all like the 'realism', but I don't
like rolling up new characters too often and loosing
them by failing one simple perception check, or having
a shot headed for centre of mass take a character's
head off.

I would also revise the hip fire/laser sighting rules.

Add an optional 'average damage' rule, where all
damage is modified by a positive D6 result and a
negative D6 result, giving various wound effects.

Maybe take a look at the whole template system again.
It's a great idea, and very fun, but it can slow
things up too much. Maybe make a random location
system based on 'aiming for centre of mass' or
something *shrug*. I like the templates when I'm
playing, but fear them when I GM. Make the templates
availabe still, but have an optional system for the GM
to use with the mooks?

Mike