Re: New Life for Millennium's End

Steve Peterson wrote:

> on 4/4/01 12:24 AM, Roger Stenning at roger@isgwds.enterprise-plc.com wrote:
>

> > OK, ideas from here:
> >
> > 1. Make the core rules somewhat simpler. I /LNOW/ this will not be
> > easy. The strength of the M.E. system is in its' realism to taking
> > fire - one hit, and you're potentially brown bread (dead), but I
> > suspect this could be made a little simpler. However, it will require
> > a GREAT DEAL of work.
>
> Noted. Tinkering with the rules is something we'd be very wary about. My
> inclination is to try offering some rules variants or options online first,
> in such a way that it doesn't mess with the existing books (as add-on files,
> for instance). Then see what response that gets before making any decisions
> relative to a printed version.

For my 2 cents worth.
there are two things about ME that have always made me a bit buggy well a lot
buggy.

first the rules for hand grenades are ludicrous.  even in the movies the damn
things just aren't that lethal.
second the rules on scoped rifles are desperately wonky.  Scopes are simply not
that effective.  Under the current rules they are nearly omnipotent.