Re: Rules 2.2

RE: Luck.

I actually use a system stolen from TSRs Marvel Super
Heroes (the original one) called "Karma."

I give each character 50 points.  If they REALLY need
to get something done, they can spend some/all of
their points BEFORE THE ROLL to modify things.

If it is a life and death situation, and they fumbled
a roll, because they did not opt to use any of their
Karma points, they can spend 2points per percentile to
save their *sses.

At the end of the session, people get Karma points
along with their Experience points.  There is no other
way to get Karma.

It is better than "Luck" but is still the safety net,
just in case.