Rules 2.2

From : Mike

> My top two priorities would be to simplify the
> horribly clunky autofire rules that grind everything
> to a halt in the middle of action sequences.
Welcome to my nightmare !   ;)

> Then, I'd put in a luck-point system
> I'd call this essential:
> It makes characters less likely to die from one
> mistake or unlucky role and adds a little flare to the
> system. I know we all like the 'realism', but I don't
> like rolling up new characters too often and loosing
> them by failing one simple perception check, or having
> a shot headed for centre of mass take a character's
> head off.
Agree !
This time it's reminds me Fuzion  ;)

> I would also revise the hip fire/laser sighting rules.
Actual rules looks fine for me.

> Add an optional 'average damage' rule, where all
> damage is modified by a positive D6 result and a
> negative D6 result, giving various wound effects.
Yes, a slightly variable DV system would be welcome too:
give a chance to target to recieve a "flesh wound".
Having "Grazed" target Maps, seams a bit useless (please no famming) as the
dispersion of the shot accordind the overlays is always the same, and when I
place the aimed point on the target, I confess that I tend to centering it
on the location. So there is not a lot of chance for the shot to hit a
"grazing area".

> Maybe take a look at the whole template system again.
> It's a great idea, and very fun, but it can slow
> things up too much. Maybe make a random location
> system based on 'aiming for centre of mass' or
> something *shrug*.
Say 5 tables :
Extremities (Hands/Feet/Head)
Limb (Arms/Legs)
Upper Body
Whole Body
Lower Body

Talking of Fuzion: Try to have a look on Marc Chase Atomic WAR Plug In
BTW his A.X.E supplement is a quite good equipment source for the novices.

Damien
(for what it's worth)