[ME] A New WebRing?

Good Evening!

It appears that the ring master for GenNET, the ME Webring, has gone MIA.
Since the Ring needs to be updated (I know there are several incorrect links
and websites that are not yet on the ring), I would like to make a proposal.

I would like to create a new ring (open for suggestions on what to call it -
GenNET2000?) and then have everyone re-link into it.  I would be more than
happy to have a co-ringmaster for it.  We could possibly keep ourselves on
the existing ring for some amount of transition time, but then eventually
delete ourselves from it.

The one thing to consider is that since Yahoo and WebRing have merged, one
must "register" before entering their site into the ring.  This is a
relatively painless procedure, and it allows for the user to have a little
"about me" reference from teh ring.  The new ring interface is very clean,
with almost no HTML coding to add to your web page.  When you link into the
ring, you are provided the small bit of HTML which references a server-side
ring nav bar.  The nav bar is very small, and will not clash with colored or
wallpapered sites.  You can look at www.kracik.com/me to see what the bar
looks like.

The other thing I might need help on is the logo for the ring.  It needs to
be 50x50 pixels (GIF or JPEG).  I know it's small, but I think one could do
quite a bit in that real estate.

So, what do you folks say?  If there is solid support, I can have it up and
running in less than 24 hours, with websites being linked in almost as
quickly as people submit them.  If this is how we want to go, webmasters
must make sure that teh HTML snippet is added as soon as possible - it needs
to be there before I "officially" add the site to the ring.

Thanks,
Christopher J. Kracik
The ME Notebook
http://www.kracik.com/me