Re: Rules 2.2

--- Mike Fortey <forteymj@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> In ME, you also need to be able to use luck to
> reduce
> damage though...maybe 5 points per TL?
>
> Mike

since you cannot dodge bullets in ME, this would be
reasonable, but I'd make this very expensive to just
about wipe out their pool of points.

This is a "GM add-on" that I use.  I simply suggested
it as a (IMHO) more viable option versus "Luck."

Please feel free to use "Karma" to your own needs, but
you have to be careful not to give TOO much Karma to
players, or it is abused.

I greatly modified the "Karma" concept and invented my
own system that I used in free form LARPs.  It is
greatly more detailed, and adds a level of arbitrary
fate to the mix of things, that is even outside the
control of the GM.  You use a bunch of poker chips in
a bag, and each color corresponds to a value.  This
value changes from session to session by the roll of a
1d4 for the white and a 1d6 for each, the red and
blue.  All colors can be used for altering your
modifiers before your roll, but only ONE color (chosen
arbitrarily, by your choice of method) is used for
"saves" for after a roll is flubbed.  Players are free
to trade chips amongst themselves for whatever terms
they can come to during NON-challenged scenes.  At the
end of the session, players pull the GM designated
number of chips out of the bag to be added to their
collection.  Next session, however, the chips are
re-valued so everyone's collection of chips always has
a fluctuating value from session to session.  It makes
some characters heroes for the session or overly
cautious, depending on their values.

As a GM, I don't like to be completely in control.
IMHO, GMing should be a challenge to your creativity
and wit, and thus, I enjoy the games just as much (if
not more) than the players.  I like the players to
leave the table with a "WOW" like they would after a
really good movie where the plot and characters were
never quite what you thought they were until all was
revealed in the end.  Good players make this
possibility greatly more likely, but these guys/gals
are the hardest to GM for too, because you have to
meet and exceed their level of play.