Re: [ME] on the other hand...

Quoting anitraf@juno.com:

> Arclight - how about a German translation of "The
Watching Eye"?

hope i´ll do too

> (And how would you translate the French 'La vache qui
rit'?  In English,
> 'The Laughing Cow' although of course it's 'The Cow
That Laughs'.

in german its "Die Kuh, welche lacht", a grammatical
structure  not really used any more. more recent use
would be "Die Kuh die lacht" or Die "lachende Kuh". you
see, concerning peasant life english is a germanic
language.

version would be:
> > "Det
> > >
> > > "Das wachende Auge"  would be my best guess :)
that´s the exact translation of the swedish version and
a phrase that has been used before, even if i don´t
remember any context.

> > as the name of a police operation in an upcoming ME
campaign).

if you´re planning a german  police operation that´s not
like real life. certain unwritten bureaucratic/military
(and even if the various german police forces are
civilian since 55 years, some traditions stay)
procedures  demand german titels to be composed without
proper grammar use, perhaps "wachendes Auge" might do.
but usually surveillance operations will not have any
title related to sensory input for better security.
if you need some more help with german bureaucratic
speech, feel free to contact me (offlist). working in a
federal agency provides me with enough insight in sick
use of language,

greetings festus

Diese Mail wurde von http://www.urbia.de (we are family )
durch IMP (http://www.horde.org) versandt .