Comments and questions

Ok, here are some thoughts on the additional ME stuff I have downloaded from various net sites. These comments concern various rules from various sites, so they are a bit mixed lot, but I believe you folks know which rules I am talking about, and this group is probably the best way of reaching you all. And thanks for all the people who put their time and efforts in creating this material.

Panic tests by Ryan Pendergast

There was no mention of the effects of combat experience on panic situations.

How about this: first make CE check, and if successful, modify the panic test by the success margin.

Explosives rules

Obviously completely reworked. As I understood it, fragmentation explosives now also do concussion damage in addition to frag damage.

I assume that explosive damage is cumulative due to amount of explosive used. If I use 2 x 0.25 kg of C4, I get double the amount of both kinds of damage? What about explosion effects range, is it doubled too?

Skills Anders Ström, Gurth et al

Combat experience is missing from the main skills list. Also parachuting, artillery and athletics do not take account of the latest skill changes. Well, obviously these are optional additions, and easy enough to change.

Shotguns by Anders Ström et al. & Weapons tables by Robert Thomas et al

On page 36 of Rules Addendum: Main Supplement there is an interesting table about shotgun dispersion and damage according to range. There is also the Excel prog which draws and calculates these dispersions. However, the table only applies to 12 gauge shots. What about other gauges? Also, the ammunition DD tables lacked shotgun ammo data (slugs, gauges etc.) Is this under work?

What about the Excel program. How do you use it? Do you generate some patterns before play or do use it during play?

Vehicle Tables by Robert Thomas

This is a minor point, but it would helpful if the terms you use were the same as in the rulebook: for example, instead or cor (for cornering) you use curv. It can be a bit confusing for a beginner (this applies to other tables also.) And by the way, it’s a VolksWAGEN instead of Volkswagon (spoken as an indignant VW owner.)

Finally, I'd like to ask that at least the tables would be made available in Microsoft Word format, so we could edit them a bit for GM screens and other purposes. Why are they in .pdf format anyway?

Juha