Re: New Life for Millennium's End

In a message dated 4/17/2001 12:25:19 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
blackeagleblackeagle@yahoo.com writes:

Might as well get a Beta C-Mag at this point, rather
than tape any magazines together.  Beta makes them for
most of your basic and modern assault rifles

There are several advantages of two standard magazines over a single high
capacity.    You have the ability to have two types of ammo, if you have a
magazine malfunction (not uncommon with C-Mags) you have a second close at
hand, price, weight, and in the case of the C-Mag side-to-side space.

Having experienced the FN P90, I challenge that this
is overly hard to reload, but I agree that it is
awkward, but easy to overcome with training.  In
confined quarters, I can see how it would be difficult
to pop and pull the magazine straight back, and then
thread the fresh magazine under the optics supports,
then snap down.

The main problem with reloading the P90 is that you can not keep it on
shoulder and eyes on sight while reloading.  It is also very difficult to do
in the prone.  Having to thread the body of the magazine over the feed well
and under the sight is also inviting trouble if the magazine is less then
clean.  I would prefer it if you could swivel the magazine in from the side,
but that means redesigning the sight support.

The key is practicing with the weapons you use and being as familiar with as
many different models as possible.

Rob