Effective L85/6 ranges

Mike -

> I believe that the official line in UK forces is that
> IWs can deliver 'effective' fire to 400m in combat, or
> up to 600m squadded.

ISTR that's about right. I'll go look at my training notes... (pause
os a few minutes of rummaging in old musty and dusty bits from RMP
days...) yeah, that's about right.

> LSW is supposedly accurate
> singularly to 600m or 800m in high volume, making an
> infantry squad supposedly effective in a firefight out
> to 600m. (I'm knocking loose cobwebs here, but I
> believe those are the numbers.) Not sure what
> non-SUSAT equipped units train out to (Roger?), but
> SUSAT units train on moving and pop-up targets out to
> 400m on a regular basis and static targets out to
> considerably more.

Non-SUSAT units use MTR (Moving Target Range) ranges as well as ETR
(Electric Target Range, or falling plate/pop-up-fall-down field)
ranges, just like the 'teeth' arms with their go-faster-striped SUSAT
weapons,
lol!