Re: Scopes, Sniping and Reloading: Was new life for...

> In the case of shooting paper targets 300m is not a
> great distance, but all
> things in context, I believe. In this case we are
> talking about characters
> engaging in armed conflict.

We're actually talking about the definition of
'sniping' or 'long range shooting'. Hopefully you
aren't getting incoming fire. =P

> In my opinion 300m is very far away for the average
> Infantry soldier on the
> sharp end, especially "for f**king real" as one SSgt
> I knew was wont to put
> it.

Ya, but it's not 'sniping' IHMO. To be honest, it's
bloody hard to miss a static target with a x4 at 300m;
you don't even have to concentrate on breathing or too
much in the way of drop-off. Back onto the topic at
hand; I really don't think it's worth splitting the
aim skill in two - it's just (even) more paperwork to
do for no real imrpovement in the game. After all,
most ME firefights (90% in my experience) aren't
happening at these ranges.

> What if one was to use a simple formula such as:
>
> (P - 4)/4 = |N|

Seems cool to me. I really like the tactical range
thing as well. I probably wouldn't apply the tactical
range modifier against static targets though.

Mike