RE: Best M1911 replica?

> How about some opinions on what would be the best M1911 (Colt .45)
> replica to purchase? Colts are expensive and just about everyone makes a
> lookalike thats cheaper pricewise. I'm wondering about quality.
> It will have a surefire light attached and be kept at the house for
> "emergencies".

I'm happy as a clam with my Kimber M1911A1.  I've also heard some very good
things about Springfield Armory M1911A1s.  Para-Ordnance has a newfangled
light double-action M1911A1 which recently took Guns & Blammo's Handgun of
the Year award--but I've never used one, so I can't say if G&Blammo is right
or if they're smoking crack.

Avoid anything Llama or Norinco like the plague.  They look like M1911A1s,
but they're very substandard.  Their only virtue is that they're cheap.