RE: Best M1911 replica?

> on the other hand, you're just planning to have
> something to make short-distanced holes in an dire
> emergency. why spend too much money on a thing youŽll
> never ever use?

By that logic, why bother with car insurance policies?  It's just money
spent on something you'll never ever use.  :)

There's an equation in the actuarial field.  To figure out the acceptable
cost of securing something, multiply the cost to replace the item by the
likelihood the item will be stolen/damaged/etc.  So if you think your
family's life is worth $1 million USD, and you think there's a 1-in-1000
chance you might actually need a gun for home defense, it's reasonable to
spend up to $1000 on that gun.

The number one virtue of a home-defense gun is its reliability.  It doesn't
matter if it's a tack-shooter at long range if it can't reliably chamber
rounds, and since in a home-defense situation you likely won't get the
chance to clear a malfunction, that weapon has to work right the first time,
every time.  That's why I condemn Llamas and Norincos--in my experience,
neither is a manufacturer of particularly reliable M1911A1s.  Go with a name
that's respected for quality, and put enough ammo through the gun to (a)
develop skills and (b) ensure that it's reliable.