Re: A new tool for in-building work

Mike Fortey <forteymj@yahoo.co.uk> wrote...

> LADAR is useful in the field too. With good software,
> it could be used to pick out any sharp lines or
> movement to detect snipers. In the air, LADAR is of
> course unfeasable to electronically jam (Though chaff
> still blanket jams). Big shake-ups are due in the
> technology, but I never thought a hand-held LADAR
> would be out so soon.

Maybe so, but it'll never see through walls - it's Laser technology,
not Radar technology!

I'm dubious about this 'radar flashlight', though; remembering hos Tom
Clancey was hooked on a peice of sci-fi tech that would never have
worked in the first place, and with no offence to the other Roger, not
withstanding hand held battle field radar systems, are we sure this
hand-held flashlight radar tech actually (a) exists, and (b) works as
advertised?

Best regards,

Roger Stenning
Webmaster, The Impossible Scenarios Group
www.the-isg.co.uk
ICQ: 74721632
UK Amateur Radio call sign: G1LIW
(PGP public key available on request)
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this message
may not be those of the ISG. The information in this email and
in any attachments may be confidential and/or privileged. If you
are not the intended recipient, you should not retain, copy or
use this email for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of
its content to any other person - you should also destroy this
message, delete any copies held on your systems and notify
the sender immediately.