Re: What I think that should been done in m-end version 3.0

In a message dated 5/2/01 10:36:57 AM Pacific Daylight Time, Gurth@xs4all.nl
writes:

Although I don't play much at conventions (on average, I make it to two
conventions a year, and only at one is there any organized gaming) this
applies to new players in normal gaming groups as well. Whenever a new
player joins our group, I try to explain that they won't need to read the
rules at all to be able to play. The ones who get deeply into the game from
the start will want toread the book anyway, while most of the others only
ever borrow any books from the GM when they want to work on a new
character, or for the rare times when someone says, "I'd like to GM
sometime."

      I get to go to ONE convention a year, and attempt to game all weekend.
 We just took two new players into our DnD game a few months ago, and the
first thing we said was, here are the basics, WATCH us play for the first
part of the night, then we'll get you in.  But they did get the book and read
it after that night.....

Benjamin