Re: What I think that should been done in m-end version 3.0

--- Roger Burton West <roger@firedrake.org> wrote:
> Yup. Hence "non-generic" - I like to play in worlds
> that aren't Star
> Trek or Tolkien, but when I've run games at
> conventions I've deliberately
> kept as close to sources I'd expect the players to
> recognise as I
> could.
>
> My point (I think I had a point) is that ME is an
> extremely good system
> for getting most potential players involved.
>
> Roger

Just because everyone does not read SWAT and gun
manuals like we do, does not mean that people are
completely in the dark about what SWAT teams do.
Everyone knows what a gun is too.  ME can be
deliberately generic.  ME has an advantage of having
percentile dice too.  The odds are readily
interpretted by the player.

"I need a 16 on 2d10.  Does that mean I have a 1:5
chance of making it?  Two tens equals 20, and 16 is
4/5ths of 20..."  Explaining the mathematics for this
one is tougher than you think.

"I need to beat a 70 on a scale of 1-100..."  This is
easy for people to grasp.