RE: FW: Underwater weaponry

The person who described the process to me said wax
but he may have been speaking generically.  It may
very well be a plastic resin with a low melting point.

--- Eric Benson <ebenson@uiuc.edu> wrote:
> Cutting and pasting various comments...
> Another note for weapon use in very wet environments
is that
commercially
produced ammo is sealed with wax
> around the primer.  Handloaders rarely do so and
prolonged exposure
water could contaminate the rounds.

Is it wax or something else?  I know the sealant
you're talking about
(very
visible on  S&B ammo), but I assumed it was something
longer lasting
than
wax.