RE: FW: Underwater weaponry

> Not at all.  I have fired many different models of firearms immediately
after immersion with no adverse effect.  I have
> also fired several models completely submerged (DO NOT ATTEMPT) and while
there were high pressure levels there was no
> damage to me or the weapons.
As determined by...?

The no damage to you is obvious, I'm interested in how the weapon damage was
evaluated - magnaflux, x-ray, etc.

> There are special treatments and lubricants that greatly reduce water
clinging, but even without them a few seconds and a
> shake should be more then adequate to make a immersed weapon completely
safe to use.

Given that I'm not going to repeat the mentioned tests with anything that
*I* own, what is your opinion of a shoot-through plug (purpose designed,
condom, etc) versus simply letting it drain out?

-Eric