Re: FW: Underwater weaponry

In a message dated 12/18/00 6:35:54 AM Pacific Standard Time,
dragoon@neptune.on.ca writes:

> If you mean waterproof bags wouldn't be necessary for weapons i would have
>  to disagree. If water is down the barrel the weapon will have to be
>  thoroughly dried out before firing. Water tends to cling to the rifling in
>  barrel and this can cause the breach or barrel to burst if the weapon is
>  fired.

Not at all.  I have fired many different models of firearms immediately after
immersion with no adverse effect.  I have also fired several models
completely submerged (DO NOT ATTEMPT) and while there were high pressure
levels there was no damage to me or the weapons.  There are special
treatments and lubricants that greatly reduce water clinging, but even
without them a few seconds and a shake should be more then adequate to make a
immersed weapon completely safe to use.

Rob