Re: Big guns, how big eh ?

> out of curiosity, whats the largest chambered handgun available ?
> anything larger than the .50 Desert Eagle ?

A guy called JD Jones produces a line called the SSK Handcannon built on the
Contender frame.
They top out with a .50  cal version that pushes a 600 grain bullet at 1800
fps.
That totals up to 4,318 ft lbs.

Century arms in Indiana make the Model 500 5 shot revolver that comes in a
.50-70 load that can give up to 3500ft lbs with a 700 grain bullet. They
also make a .50-110 to special order, but the book I have doesn't give
details except to say that the energy wouldn't be much higher due to safety
reasons.
This is from a book "The Worlds most Powerful Rifles and Handguns" by Robert
Adam It was published in 91 so things may have changed.
I can post pics if anyone is interested.

Scott Levy
"Enough marshmallows. Properly placed. Will kill you."
Dr John Alexander
Ex Head of US Army Directed Energy Research.

Miami Cell Nine: Mills End Website
http://connexus.net.au/~becubed/
mailto://becubed@connexus.net.au