Re: ME Firearms question

> Zitiere Janne Kemppi <jkemppi@ees2.oulu.fi>:
>

> > I have been wondering of how BE handles firearms for
> its personnel
> > in ME?
> >
> > Looking at laws in Finland, the system would be that
> BE would own
> > all equipment (from silenced pistols to mortars). Then
> BE employees
> > would ask and get side-permits that allows them to
> carry and use
> > certain specific weapons.
>
> working from german law, our play policy (and that of
> real security companies) for the berlin and brussels
> office is pretty much the same. as german law allows no
> military weapons,  i.e. autofire, grenade or grenade
> launching, or anything that looks even remotely like one
> of these, our be/be operatives are restricted to
> pistols, revolvers, sniper rifles and pumpguns (and
> carrying any of these in public will cause trouble,
> exception: when securing a cash transport in uniform
> pistols or revolvers on the belt are o.k.. longarms will
> even be closely examined on the countryside during
> hunting season). the reason to posess silencers is
> environmental protection, any advantages in clandestine
> wetwork are purely accidental :)

	In Finland, the law allows owning and firing anything
	but explosive storage regulations make sure that it
	is quite impossible on street but entirely possible in
	owned property away from each other. You might perhaps
	consider bringing people from Berlin office to Finland
	to train clients for use of military weaponry. Then again,
	it is illegal to have a private army in Finland and thus
	training of unit is illegal but training individuals per
	se is not (source for adventure perhaps?).

	The description of firearms policy for German companies
	is similar to Finnish one. Here security people who carry
	money or jewelry may carry guns for work but no one else
	really does.

	You protect environment? Funny, we protect hearing. :)

> individual operatives may have a personal license to own
> and carry (concealed or not) one or some of the
> above weapons, but these are sometimes hard to get.

	Getting license in Finland is either easy or difficult
	depending on weapon type (shotguns and rifles are easy,
	pistols are not). However, I have used policy in my game
	that BE frowns idea of personal weapons and prefers that
	its people use company wepaons (makes things easier to
	legal department in court).

> by the way, anybody working in personal protection in a
> middle or western european surrounding who actually has
> to draw a gun has already fucked up royally.

	Very true. I have friend who works in field and
	while he agrees that outline I use is (at least in
	theory) possible in Finland, no security company
	has actually attempted to gather real arsenal as
	real military weaponry licenses are difficult to
	obtain unless one is weapon collector of good
	reputation and very long experience on field.
	However, companies might get those licenses but
	paperwork is tremendous.

What I am really pondering on how to use firearms in BE for Miami..