RE: I prefer the Bush poll myself

=
> I was thinking along the slightly humourous lines of "Adventures in
> Babysitting" with Elizabeth Shue (it was released in the UK under a
> different title, but I can't remember what) with a group of kids stuck
> in the big city with their babysitter.
> The idea of the hard, macho gun-toting BE operatives having to deal with
> more typical teen angst and tomfoolery (getting caught underage
> drinking, getting dumped by a boyfriend and trying to get revenge on
> him, etc) but unable to use their normal tactics because it would really
> be overkill against relatively innocent civilians.

Cross "Adventures in Babysitting" with the more recent Steven Soderberg
"Traffic" (starring Benecio Del Tores, Michael Douglas) and you have a very
interesting situation.  In Traffic,
the lead character (Douglas) is the 'drug czar', but at home, his daughter
is a rapidly sliding addict.  It shows an interesting dichotomy.

For a BE/BE cell, it brings up ethical issues -
* Are you hired to protect someone from themselves?
* Loyalty to the client or protected?
* What do you do if you know the client you're protecting is breaking the
law?

> Personally I cannot even begin to fathom why characters
> would be macho gun-toting clowns in the first place...

Too much bad US TV?

-Eric