Re: ME Firearms policy, round 2

Janne Kemppi wrote:

> SMGs seem to be de rigeur of genre but I have resisted the urge
> to use them. :)

In my campaign SMGs are nothing of the sort. When they are carried, it is
for a very grim task. My guys dislike having to carry them, but recognize
their usefulness.

> My players are quite satisfied with this as they prefer to think
> in game instead of kill people outright (which is IMHO nice).

Just because you squeeze off numerous rounds of ammunition does not mean you
are trying to kill people. In Calgary we had an incident some years ago
where an Airborne Commando and a friend of his picked up two AKM Assault
rifles and a few Tear gas grenades and hit an armoured car crew. They
squeezed off around 87 rounds and did not hit a single person! The reason
being they did not want to. Had they desired, they could have taken the two
guards out with the first volley. They just wanted to pin the guards down,
grab the cash and piss off.

=|

S.