Re: ME Firearms policy, round 2

In my campaigns, I specifically push toward extreme
realism.  It was my big push to add a "concealment"
note on Rob Thomas' pistol listings (Note = M).

In RPG terms, carrying a IMI Desert Eagle is often the
same as carrying a Derringer.  Not with me.  I
personally (IRL) carry a Glock 36.  It is extremely
thin and compact, and a DREAM to carry compared to
others.  I make my players conceal/carry something
appropriate.

On the idea of SMGs, it is the same.  You can't carry
an SMG around on the street.  I am (and my players
are) a big fan of tiny full auto versions of pistols
because of this.  Glock 18s make appearances often.
With http://www.fss-g.com/ my players have many
options in this area.  The Ares Folding is also a
consideration, if I allowed my players to get their
hands on one ;-)

I use SMGs in covert assaults and in special
circumstances "in town" and only have assault rifles
and heavy duty gear when "in the bush" and only with
special authority when doing so.

You can't do the Blackeagle/Blackeagle lifestyle and
go to lavish parties with a canon bluntly showing
through the tux under your armpit.