Re: ME Firearms question

In a message dated 6/27/01 9:29:01 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
MathesonT@aol.com writes:

Trivia question.  How many concealed weapons permits are actually issued in
the county of San Francisco?

Between reserve police officers, judges, jewelry couriers, and people who
have received documented threats there should be lots of people who can
show
proof of necessity.

      Very true.  The best I ever had it explained to me, was.: "IF you
bring the person who threatened you to the police station, AND IF he
threatens to kill you in front of the Cheif, then MAYBE you have a 1/100
chance to get a permit.

      In my ME world, MOST police and sheriffs offices like the idea of
armed RESPONSIBLE citizens.  The requirments are a little stricter in the
sense of firearm safty classes and range time, but if you can pass all the
safty and firing tests, then you can get one.

Benjamin