Re: Alarming statistics.

In a message dated 6/27/01 11:14:42 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
blackeagleblackeagle@yahoo.com writes:

I carry my Glock 36 daily.  Never shot it in anger
yet.  I use my gun 0 hours of every day.

      A person COULD argue that having the gun on their person was
considered IN USE.  A gun WILL kill a person if FIRED, but does it have to be
fired to be used?  You don;t leave your house saying "I hope i can shoot
someone today"  a doctor doesn;t start surgery saying, "I hope i kill this
patient"  i don;t know if that made a lot of sense, but hopefully you see
what I am trying to say.
      by the way, does that statisitc only have ACCIDENTAL deaths? or does
it include all deaths by firearms (criminals and officer shootings)

Benjamin