Re: ME Firearms policy, round 2

Janne Kemppi wrote:

>         That is amazing. I have myself passed out several times in
>         hot temperature (+25 and more) when wearing full kit and in
>         march...Not to mention burned myself so my skin peeled off.

25C is more warm to me, 36C was hot... I spent a lot of time in Canada as a youth
and thusly got used to wide variety of weather. As I said, I was wearing a
product called "Cool silk" under that TLII vest. A real life saver.

Also, judging from your (rather cool, in my opinion...) name, you are
Scandinavian (Finn?) and thus are very fair skinned and not what we would call
very well acclimated to extremes of heat.... I would say it would take you about
three weeks to get to the point where you could begin moving in Miami's heat. It
would be like taking me and dropping me into one of those brutally cold Lapp
winters (The last time I was any where near Finland was an arctic warfare
exercise in Norway about twelve years ago) I would not last long!!! Getting a
rifle to fire in -50C is amazing... and yes, I got into a lot of trouble for
being out in that kind of temperature... also, the snow..... squeaks.... =O

S.