Re: Alarming statistics.

In a message dated 6/28/01 7:54:47 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
rjhansen@inav.net writes:

Liberty involves a lot of tradeoffs, and the gun-control
debate is one of the most contentious tradeoffs being discussed today

      Very true.  Did you know that our criminal justice system is SET UP to
allow more criminals on the street?  It's true.
      Why?
      Because, in our society, we have decided that having innocent people
in jail, is worse than criminals on the street.  If we REALLY wanted to crack
down on crime, we would arrest everyone, cause everyone has the ABILITY to
commit a crime.
      But we don't.  All of us are considered innocent until PROVEN guilty.
In this country, someone can walk up to someone on the street and stab them
20 times, in front of a crowd of people.  Yet, in court, that person ALLEDGED
to have stabbed the victim.
      Now, if you own a gun, you are an unitelligent, dangerous,
anti-government lunatic who should be controlled for your own good.
      Funny? no?
            no

Benjamin