Re: Machineguns

--- Shawn Mulock <salamndr@3web.net> wrote:
> The weapon is about 38 kg and 600rds
> comes in at about 83
> kilos for a grand (and I do mean grand!) total of
> 121 kilos! (good thing
> there are four men lugging that, eh?).

That is my point.  Are half (or more) of your ME
players going to pack a BMG and ammo?  Kind of a waste
of the brains and talents of the class of people that
you are supposed to be role-playing in ME, isn't it?
That is why I think that a 7.62x51 MG is the right
choice.  I, personally, don't think that the 5.56x45
is such a great choice, when looking at a MG.  Sure,
you have ammo compatibility and it is a great deal
lighter, but it doesn't have the "punch" I think a MG
needs.

> Having used both M-249 & the M-240 (L7A2... it may
> be a reach...)  I can
> say that while parts may look similar (gas
> regulator, bipod, action
> chassis, etc...) the parts are of different sizes
> and do not go
> together.

I was looking at the pictures and dimensions.  It
'appears' that the buttstock, trigger, and other
superficial parts might be interchangeable.  Without
firing either one, or even laying hands on one, I
would not know :)