Re: Machineguns

In a message dated 7/2/2001 8:42:14 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
salamndr@3web.net writes:

So as far as the weapon selections process went it seems to me that many
other weapons did not stand much of a chance if there were U.S. military
organizations partnering the development of a weapon.

All US military selections are structured such that certain systems have zero
chance and a "preferred" system has an advantage.  Just a quirk we have.

>  I do agree,  the Minimi is a most outstanding weapon. I have put about
25,000rds

down the barrel and have only had one stoppage, but boy what a stoppage! I
had to stand on the front of the receiver and use the sling to work the
action to get the mutilated round out of the chamber.

My only malfunction was with a overcharged blank.  BANG.  Flash suppressor
and blank adapter sailed almost 50m and feed tray cover was sheared off,
clipping my K-pot.  Scared me almost as much as when I rolled over and saw a
line of stars and eagles with shocked looks on their face.

Diemaco C8 SFSW (very cose to tied with above) <- I take it this example
is very much like the FNMI Mark 46 Mod 0?

Not at all.  The C8 is Diemaco's version of the M4 carbine, with the SFSW
drawing heavily from the LSW99.  Go to  DIEMACO *** Canada's Centre of
Excellence for Small Arms***
 and head for the smalarms locker.

Rob