Re: Machinegun Weights

Jeff Pawlowski wrote:

> Which model is this?  I'm assuming it is the M86A1,
> given the weights.

I suspect it would be the M86A1, my literature on it is from 1991, and it
may not have been given a nomenclature that its author was aware of.

> I've posed a question to Rob T., about the weights in
> his weapons listing.
>
> His HK G36MG is WAY TOO HEAVY concerning all sources.
> It is about right if it has a full 100-round C-mag
> attached.

Could it be that he classified it with the loaded weight due to the nature
of the beast, it having a Drum Magazine?

> His Stoner M86 matches up with all of my sources
> fairly closely, but in the unloaded specs.

I have no hard data on the M86A1 (one of those holes I was talking about!)
Is it possible that he listed the majority of the MGs with no ammo, due to
their using belted ammo?

Let me know what you think.

=)

S.