Re: FN F2000

In a message dated 7/4/2001 10:17:38 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
spezbaby@yahoo.com writes:

The one feature that caught my eye was the ejection system. The spent
casings are fired down a tube that runs the length of the rifle and when
they reach the end they simply fall out a window with all their energy
expended. The really cool thing is it takes 4-5 shots before the rifle
actually ejects a casing. Ergo a sort of limited integral brass catcher.

This is probably the feature that scares me the most.  Any jamming in this
ejection tube and serious malfunction results that takes a good bit of
fiddling to fix.  They have kindly put access holes in the side of the tube
to allow acces, but that also allows access to dirt and other obstructions.
Reminds me of the magazine on the Chauchat.

Rob