Somebody knows thier history! (Was FN F2000)

MathesonT@aol.com wrote:

This is probably the feature that scares me the most.  Any jamming in this
ejection tube and serious malfunction results that takes a good bit of
fiddling to fix.  They have kindly put access holes in the side of the tube
to allow acces, but that also allows access to dirt and other obstructions.
Reminds me of the magazine on the Chauchat.
Mr. Matheson,

I believe we discussed our concerns over this weapon before? I consider the most serious problem the lack of positive clearance of spent casings from the mechanism.

As for the Chauchat comment, bloody hell! You know your history! I had to look the bugger up!

For those of you who don't know (like me), the Chauchat was considered the worst MG to ever serve with any country, it was rare to fire off a 20rd magazine without a stoppage occurring. And then you most likely had to disassemble the weapon!

=|

S.