Re: Machinegun Weights

--- Shawn Mulock <salamndr@3web.net> wrote:
> I think the reason it has such a low cyclic rate is
> due to the
> aforementioned ridiculously low weight of ~4.1kg.
> The designers may have
> determined one or more things... that the weapon has
> better control, allows
> for better use of ammunition in the weapon's
> intended role and most likely
> that the barrel will burnout/warp/explode/cause a
> runaway(cook-off)/ruin the
> head space etc. with such a light weapon/barrel.
> (For those who have
> little/no experience with MGs these concerns are
> common to all MGs, I assure
> you.)
>
> =)
>
> S.

Fires from a heavy barrel and open bolt (as I recall,
not having the article in front of me at the moment).
The weapon uses the Stoner Flash/Recoil compensator on
the muzzle.  The reports from the articles that I've
found say the weapon is extremely stable.  Full auto
only.

Ironically, the controls for the weapon were all
designed to be VERY similar to the Browning 30.
Another interesting thing is that it uses all of the
M249 200-round belt/box magazines so the box attaches
to the underside of the weapon.

The weapon is going into limited production since KAC
has had orders made from other countries, already.