Re: LMG86/96 (Was Machinegun Weights)

--- Shawn Mulock <salamndr@3web.net> wrote:
> Who have ordered the weapon? I understand SOCOM
> units are keen on versatile
> weapons.

The only nation I can find that have publically stated
anything about the "KAC S-96" is the Netherlands, for
"several hundred".

I'm also looking at the KAC Modular Weapon System and
it seems that anything that goes on a rail for their
M16/M4 also will go on the S-96.  This includes all
the handles, lasers, flashlights, and bipods.  I don't
see why they couldn't also add the suppressors to the
S-96, but I don't see any literature that suggests
this.  The caliber is the same, and I don't see why
they would have changed the threading for the flash
suppressor/muzzle brake.

Imagine adding the M203 or the Masterkey to the S-96.
No magazine to use as the "handle" for the trigger,
though.  There appears to be room to add a handle,
however, from the pictures of the S-96 I've seen.