Re: ME Firearms policy, round 2

> Now that I'm living outside of DC, everyone
> complains
> about how hot the weather is and how bad the
> humidity
> is.  A co-worker, from Tallahassee, FL, and I both
> laugh.  The dreaded 85/85 (Fahrenheit/Humidity) in
> Virginia is just that laughable when you were
> intimate
> with 95/95 or 100/100. (This is 35-37C for everyone
> outside of the US.)

I'll never forget my first experiences of the Gulf...

Stepping out of the plane into the heat of the engine
cooling down and then walking outside the wingspan and
realising that it wasn't just the engine..the whole
place was that hot

Getting hot and humid at a party. Stepping outside to
cool down and finding it even hotter

Getting in the sea for a summer dive and it being like
a hot bath and very uncomfortable. Getting below the
first thermoclines ASAP and enjoying the coolness 20m
down.

Driving into work at 3am on call-out during the
summer, an hour before dawn and seeing that the
temperature was STILL 36C

Labour laws dictating when it hit 50C, labourers had
to stop work. The government never officially
forcasting above 49C to keep the cheap labour slaving
away.

52C Actual and over 58C appararant (taking into
account humidity and wind) temperatures. Being soaked
with sweat by the time I'd walked from the car to my
workplace to such an extent that I could wring out my
clothes.

Blistering my hands on the handbrake. Learning to
never leave a coin on the seat, in case you sat down
on it. Learning that parking in the shade never
healped. Learning that leaving bank-cards and
cassettes in the open would melt them and that you
should always drape a towel over your steering wheel
and handbrake/gearstick

Noticing how damn green the UK is upon getting back
for leave.