Re: Crash course in Washington D.C.

--- Dann Ernstsen <d-n-e@worldonline.dk> wrote:
> Jeff, if I have some quistion about Washington D.C.
> can I ask you(off list
> -ofcourse)????

Everyone should feel free to email me.  I do not have
bandwidth restrictions at all.  I work at the 3rd most
connected building in the entire world, and will be
moving to the 2nd most connected building in the world
in February ;-)

> Also note.
> Doe anyone know were I could get crime statistic for
> Washington D.C. on the
> net?

National Crime Justice Reference Service at
http://www.ncjrs.org/

Organized Crime at http://www.crime.org (joke name,
but FULL of links)

Homefair, Relocation Website at
http://www2.homefair.com/calc/crime.html

> I know the trick in using tourist maps and guides:-)
> But they don't give you
> the juice on what the bad and ugly places are alike
> - that is mostly what I'm
> looking fore.

If you own a Palm OS device, I still recommend
Vindigo.  It has a complete listing for the areas that
they "service" and would be helpful and less biased
than a pure "tourist" source.