Re: Atchisson & Able Team...

> ISTR that the Geneva Convention prohibits use of
> full-auto shotguns on
> enemy combatants. This makes is a bit embarrassing
> for a Western army
> to order them.

Y'know, I'm not sure that it specifically does. I seem
to recall that that MIGHT be a bit of an urban myth,
in the same way as the .50 'I was firing at his
webbing' tale.

Interestingly, I've recentlt read a book written by a
chappy who ran UK sniping operations in WWI and he
made a comment along the lines of 'Thank God that the
Germans never started using shotguns during the war or
the wounds would have been horrific'; which struck me
as a bizarre comment based as it was in a conflict
involving trench warfare and gas