Re: Mission idea (new)

>     With all of the news lately about the white farmer situation in Zimbabwe I though this might work for a mission idea;

>     The Commercial Farmers' Union hires a cell or two to defend farms from squatters and harassment, since the police won't (in spite of court orders to do so). This would require the use of non-lethal means and some diplomacy at first.  Set this during the national election and things could get out of hand quickly.

>     The British Gov. could hire a cell for the above reasons (most/all whites in Zimbabwe are British nationals since Zimbabwe was once a colony).  To aggravate this the Mugabe gov. is spouting a lot of anti-British rhetoric and saying it will expel all whites from the country.

>     Or during the elections the opposition party hires a cell(s) to protect the candidate(s) with funds from the Commercial Farmers' Union.  This would be a standard EP run with political overtones and could embroil the cell(s) in a civil conflict.

>     The problems I see are; the cell(s) would be working against the "elected" government, good chance of an incident during elections (cell escorting farmers to poll, 'veterans' try and intimidate/harass voters).

>     Any ideas on this or would the legal dept. even allow it?

	I personally believe that BE would not carry ouit such a job
	for several reasons. First being that country is bankrupt and
	this goes to white farmers too. Second, all these missions are
	actually dangerous and could end up BE people getting killed.
	It is very hard to get people to work on assignments that are
	actually that dangerous. Third, there are excellent chances of
	failure because local government is opposing BE activities.
	It might mean one-way ticket to jail for a long time.

	However, distruption of country means that there are also
	opportunities of doing such things (as long as you bribe
	right people) but political volatility and hostility of
	government in country make it simply almost impossible
	(unless you handwave a powerful supporter that gives your
	characters 'get-out'of'jail'free'card').