Re: WSG2000 in .408?

Eric Benson wrote:

> >How feasible do you think it would be to take the HK
> >WSG2000 9x90 and modify it to .408 CheyTec?
>
> My shoulder cringes at the idea.
>
> My question is whether you would want to take a decided one-off using
> basically custom ammunition on a tactical operation.  The CheyTec would
> provid optimal performance at the expense of becoming a logistical
> nightmare.
>
> -Eric

  Another point is just how far do you need to be able to reach out and touch
someone from.  Even if the round packs all sorts of energy at 2.5 km what are
the odds you can actually put it on a person.  I don't have any experience at
shooting past about 400m or so but my reading seems to indicate the
nightmarish proportions of the task of trying to hit someone at more than say
800 to 1000m.  Seems to me that weapons like this are more for the odd
political assassination rather than the man in the field.