Re: Terrorist attacks in the USA

> Why in your educated opinion would our nation's attackers have done this,
> also are you a military vet, sir??

Why?  For all I know, they heard that Dubya brushed his teeth with Colgate,
and the Crest toothpaste company decided to teach Dubya the penalty for
leaving the faith.

At this point, any speculation on `why' is rumormongering and scaremongering.
 Ask me again in a few days, after the tumult has died down, and I'll be
happy to share my thoughts.

=====

Everyone:

I know I'm not the list moderator.  That duty passed to Roger Burton West
some time ago, thankfully.  So what I'm saying here, I'm saying just as a
list member, not as moderator.

That being said:

It is very important that we not panic.  A lot of Americans are panicking
right now: they may be your friends, your loved ones, your neighbors.  They
may ask you for who you think did it.  They may ask you why.  They may ask
you what we should do in response.

Please remember that, as of this moment, we are still under attack and there
are still people dying.  Instead of contributing to the panic, please keep a
level head.  Remind those around you that we have very few facts right now,
and that there will be plenty of time to ask `why', `who' and `how' tomorrow.
 Direct your friends towards doing something useful, something which will
directly help out those who are in need.

Please tell your friends to donate blood.

The Red Cross is reporting a critical shortage in blood; the tens of
thousands of wounded and injured are likely going to exhaust our supply in
the days to come.

Get to your local hospital and donate a pint.  It's easy, it only takes
fifteen minutes, you get free cookies and drinks afterwards, and you'll be
doing something to save the life of a fellow American, one whom you don't
even know, but one who needs your help.

=====

- --
=====
Robert J. Hansen <rjhansen@inav.net>
PGP Fingerprint: 23C8 C3D1 BBE7 C72D D17D  D008 980E 18A7 82C2 392B
AIM: TheCipherpunk  ICQ: 14737662
=====