Re: Afghanistani Warfare.

On Thu, 13 Sep 2001, Arclight wrote:
> Better compare Afghanistan and it's mountainous regions to kosovo. And take
> a look how "successful" and "effective" the campaign there was. Hint: "not
> that effective"

Only if you believe we will respond to this with the same lackluster,
weeble-wooble attitude that plagued us concerning our involvement there.

Hint: A half-assed policing action in a country carried out by small
fraction of non-elite military troops isn't the same as dropping the 101st
Airborne, the Marine Corps, and several carrier groups onto enemy
territory, pissed as hell, and with a solid plan of attack.

And as always, none of us have a damn clue what's going to happen anyways.
I still believe that, as happened ten years ago, armchair defence experts
believing they can out-think 30-year military veterans are most likely
going to be eating a lot of crow.  Every pencil-pushing acadamian swore up
and down that the Gulf was going to cost us tens of thousands of lives.
Now, of course, these same blowhards are going to swear that, once again,
this will cost us tens of thousands of lives.

I'm going to reserve judgement until the shooting stops.

--
Jacob E. Boucher
PAGE OF THE DAY: If You Run, You'll Only Die Tired...