From: Robert J. Hansen [mailto:rjhansen@inav.net]
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2001 12:09 PM
To: millenniums-end-l@firedrake.org
Subject: Re: Pittsburgh Crash

>   To congressmen/senators have immunity against prosecution for
> breaking confidentiallity-vows? Do they even have to take such vows?

As a general rule, yes.  Elected representatives are given enormous
latitude to tell the public whatever they feel the public needs to know.
Normal government employees would have their ass handed to them on a
platter for it, but elected representatives are expected to exercise
discretion and tell the public things as appropriate.

>   That joker really should get a long stay in Ft. Leavenworth...

You're barking up the wrong tree.  Orrin Hatch is easily one of the most
respected, most trusted Senators out there.  He's a kind man, a
good-hearted one.  He's hawkish on defense issues.  His biggest claim to
shame is that he wrote the DMCA, but recently (well, before the WTC) was
heard telling people that if he'd known how the DMCA was going to be
willfully abused by people, he'd have never written it.

Hatch is one of the good guys.  No question.

--
Millennium's End list: mail millenniums-end-l-request@firedrake.org with