RE: Re: Afghanistani Warfare.

arclight wrote:

> Better compare Afghanistan and it's mountainous regions to
> kosovo. And take a look how "successful" and "effective" the
> campaign there was. Hint: "not that effective"

While I agree that the...er, whatever it was..."campaign" in
Kosovo was less then spectacular, I don't know that there is
much of a comparison here.  The Kosovo business was fought
entirely from the air.  This would not be the case here,
simply because it obviously could not be the case here in
order to have even a vague hope of accomplishing anything
useful.

Still, just the logistics of projecting any kind of substantial
ground force into such a remote hellhole argues against any kind
of long-term presence.  I would suspect that a series of large
'raids', in an attempt to kill or capture whomever it is that
we're after, would be more the order of the day.

The Pakistanis hold all the cards here as to whether or not
such things are even remotely feasible.

http://mail2web.com/ .